Re: Python problems with a lot of applications.

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 03:46:29PM +0100, Dark Nebula <x03@shango.hopto.org> was heard to say:
> I have a lot of "applications" broken, and seems the problem is all the
> same, i suppose.
> for example when i try launch the applet "gmail-notify" i get:
>
> *nn@Koad:~$ gmail-notify
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "./notifier.py", line 4, in <module>
>    import pygtk
> ImportError: No module named pygtk
> nn@Koad:~$
[sbip]
> ii  python-gobject                                2.14.1-6
>          Python bindings for the GObject library
> ii  python-gobject-dev                            2.14.1-6
>          Development headers for the GObject Python b
[snip]

  Does the file

    /usr/share/python-support/python-gobject/pygtk.py

  exist on your system?

  What do these commands output?

    ls /var/lib/python-support
    find /var/lib/python-support name pygtk.pyc

  Daniel