Re: Debian secure by default?

Todd A. Jacobs wrote:
On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 08:20:07PM -0700, Mike Bird wrote:

snip

What I really want to know is why the original poster can't just
"aptitude install firestarter" or similar, and scratch his own itch?
That seems simple and painless enough to me, without needing more exotic
solutions.

In defense of the OP:
Rico Secada wrote:
I am sorry but I had gotten my hands on a document with some outdated
information about some default tools being unsafe with Debian because
they had SUID set.

Sorry all.
So, this has been corrected by him when he realized that the data he was complaining about was no longer valid.

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com