Re: problems installing openoffice.org in etch

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 14:02:44 -0300, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> Samuel Bächler wrote:
>>
>>>  Reading task descriptions... Done Building tag database... Done The
>>>  following packages are BROKEN: libhsqldb-java openoffice.org-base
>>>  openoffice.org-calc openoffice.org-core openoffice.org-draw
>>>  openoffice.org-impress openoffice.org-java-common openoffice.org-math
>>>  openoffice.org-writer python-uno
>>
>> Try to uninstall all the broken packages by typing something like
>> 'aptitude remove --purge <package>'.
>>
>> Then try again 'aptitude install openoffice'.
>>

> Thank you very much for the advice. However, I am still having the same
> problem: 'aptitude remove --purge <package>' does not fix the problem.
> The problem with the unmet dependencies
>
> libstlport4.6c2
> libservlet2.3-java
> libxt-java
> libmdbtools
> libportaudio0
>
> continues.

Please check the output of:

apt-cache policy libstlport4.6c2

aptitude install -sD libstlport4.6c2

These two commands should tell you if apt can find any version of
libstlport4.6c2 at all (it should list version 4.6.2-3) and, if any
version is known, why it cannot be installed.

          Florian   |