curlftpfs and /dev/fuse

I have installed curlftpfs and I am trying to mount an ftp repository
in
my file local file system. I am trying to do this as root as a first
try
not to have problems with permissions and so on.

machine:~# curlftpfs -o allow_other,user="xxxx:yyyy"
ftp://ftphost/ /mnt/dir/
fusermount: failed to open /dev/fuse: No such file or directory

The installation of curlftpfs automatically required fuse-utils and
libfuse2 which are installed. I can't find the /dev/fuse device, I
rather
see there is a /dev/.static/dev/fuse device.
Suggestions are welcome. TIA.

Fabrizio

Scopri il Blog di Yahoo! Mail: trucchi, novità, consigli... e la tua opinione!
http://www.ymailblogit.com/blog/