Re: problems installing openoffice.org in etch

>> Reading task descriptions... Done Building tag database... Done
>> The following packages are BROKEN: libhsqldb-java
>> openoffice.org-base openoffice.org-calc openoffice.org-core
>> openoffice.org-draw openoffice.org-impress
>> openoffice.org-java-common openoffice.org-math
>> openoffice.org-writer python-uno
>
> Try to uninstall all the broken packages by typing something like
> 'aptitude remove --purge <package>'.
>
> Then try again 'aptitude install openoffice'.

 Thank you very much for the advice. However, I am still having the
 same problem: 'aptitude remove --purge <package>' does not fix the
 problem. The problem with the unmet dependencies

 libstlport4.6c2
 libxt-java
 libmdbtools
 libportaudio0

Maybe there are some mirrors missing in your /etc/apt/sources.list file.
And read also http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/.

s.