Re: vmplayer installer cannot find libs (amd64)

michael wrote:
On Sat, 2008-05-17 at 06:45 +0530, Raj Kiran Grandhi wrote:
michael wrote:
eg: The installation of VMware Player 2.0.3 build-80004 for Linux completed
successfully. You can decide to remove this software from your system at
any
time by invoking the following command: "/usr/bin/vmware-uninstall.pl".

Before running VMware Player for the first time, you need to configure
it by
invoking the following command: "/usr/bin/vmware-config.pl". Do you want
this
program to invoke the command for you now? [yes]

The following libraries could not be found on your system:
libX11.so.6
libXtst.so.6
libXext.so.6
libXrender.so.1
libz.so.1

You will need to install these manually before you can run VMware
Player.

but yet:
mkb@amd64:~$ locate libX11.so.6
/usr/lib/libX11.so.6
/usr/lib/libX11.so.6.2.0

So, I'm confused!
vmplayer is probably expecting the 32-bit libraries. Install ia32-libs and ia32-libs-gtk and retry the installation of vmplayer.

Fantastic! Installing ia32-libs did the trick!
Now if only I could work out how to make some folders on my amd64 Debian
system appear on the WinXP virtual machine (without dragging them)!

Thanks! Michael

Samba? Or you can use the shared folders option of vmware.

                                       -- Albert Einstein