Re: sandisk mp3 player mount

On Sat May 17 2008 08:21:53 am seeds wrote:
> how can i mount a sandisk mp3 player in debian lenny?

A friend of mine bought an mp3 player (some generic brand) that didn't
automount for unknown reasons. I mounted it manually but adding an entry
in /etc/fstab like below and it mounts fine that way.

/dev/sdc1 /mnt/mp3player vfat rw,users,noauto  0  0

Then "mount /mnt/mp3player" to mount it and "umount /mnt/mp3player" to unmount
it. You need to mount the correct device and that directory needs to exist.
You need to use the correct file system also, I think I used vfat but I'm not
sure now.