vmplayer - how to share Debian folders with XP [was: vmplayer installer cannot find libs (amd64)]

On 17 May 2008, at 17:01, Raj Kiran Grandhi wrote:

michael wrote:
On Sat, 2008-05-17 at 06:45 +0530, Raj Kiran Grandhi wrote:
michael wrote:
eg: The installation of VMware Player 2.0.3 build-80004 for Linux completed successfully. You can decide to remove this software from your system at
any
time by invoking the following command: "/usr/bin/vmware- uninstall.pl".

Before running VMware Player for the first time, you need to configure
it by
invoking the following command: "/usr/bin/vmware-config.pl". Do you want
this
program to invoke the command for you now? [yes]
{}
Fantastic! Installing ia32-libs did the trick!
Now if only I could work out how to make some folders on my amd64 Debian
system appear on the WinXP virtual machine (without dragging them)!
Thanks! Michael

Samba? Or you can use the shared folders option of vmware.

I had tried shared folders but came to the conclusion that for the free vmplayer running in Debian and a WinXP image somebody gave me that it wasn't supported. Are you saying otherwise since that would be the best solution? I wish to see/manipulate [some of] my Debian directories from the WinXP Virtrual Machine

Otherwise I'll look at Samba as you, and Carl, suggested.

Thanks, Michael