Re: Blocking Gmail ads

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 9:09 AM, Gregory Seidman
<gsslist+debian@anthropohedron.net> wrote:
> Apple doesn't give a rats ass about integrating with KDE, nor should they. They
> do, however, consider rich text editing a priority, and KDE isn't as
> concerned about that.

This is the one statement I think could be modified - Apple doesn't
care about about integrating with KDE, and thus lost the opportunity
to keep reaping the benefits that the KDE guys could have provided on
going.   I'd like to think that the companies that try harder to work
with the existing community will do better in the long term -
spending some of their resources on things they didn't care about
would return them effort by others on things they do care about.

There's nothing illegal or immoral about it - it's just short sighted
to believe that the code was worth taking, but the coders weren't
worth the effort required (in a direction they didn't care about) to
keep them on board.

Brian