[solved] Re: Incomplete downloads

"Douglas A. Tutty" <dtutty@porchlight.ca> writes:

> I find it happens with http downloads with a browser.  I'm assuming that
> the web server is assuming high-speed internet and is timing-out before
> things are complete on dial-up.

Yes, I think it must be something like that.

Nigel Henry <cave.dnb2m97pp@aliceadsl.fr> writes:

> Hi Rodolfo. I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say "the download
> sticks before it is complete".
>
> I've only got a 56k dialup connection, and have no problem downloading big
> files, 700Mb .iso's for example. I use the KDE desktop, and use Kget, which
> has resume support for the downloads, and that is assuming that the server
> you are downloading from allows resuming a download, some don't.
>
> For example, you lose your Internet connection, reconnect, and try to resume
> the download. Most servers allow resuming the download and will carry on
> where they left off, and the download will run to completion.

`Sticks' means that sometimes it pretends that the file has been completely
downloaded whereas it isn't; some other times it just stops in the point where
it is and doesn't go further.

The problem seems to be solved using wget instead of mozilla, with the `-c'
option.

Many thanks to all who replied.
Rodolfo