Re: difficulties updating Etch

Daniel Burrows wrote:
On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 07:31:21AM -0500, Preston Boyington <preston.lists@gmail.com> was heard to say:
actually you can do:

apt-get <install or dist-upgrade> --dry-run

and it will show you exactly what will happen. since i have started using aptitude for my package manager i now try to use:

aptitude --simulate install foo

of course all this is done with the 'sudo' command.

  There's no need to run "aptitude -s" as a superuser, and I would
recommend against it in order to avoid accidental slipups...

whoops, i meant all _installs_ done with the sudo command. i got ahead of myself.