Re: Incomplete downloads

Rodolfo Medina wrote:
I have a slow internet connection, and with large downloads it often happens
that the download sticks before it is complete.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem, and is there a way to solve
it?  And, why does it happen?  I'd be curious to know.

Thanks for any help
Rodolfo

What kernel are you using? If it is >2.6.23 try this: echo 0 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_frto and try the download. If it does not "stick" then the new tcp_frto is your issue. If that is the case, kernel devs are working on a fix right now. For a work around do this: add a line to /etc/sysctrl.conf net.ipv4.tcp_frto = 0 that will turn tcp_frto to "off" when you boot. This issue you describe is close to what others have complained of concerning this subject.

HTH.

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com