Re: difficulties updating Etch

Mumia W.. wrote:
On 05/15/2008 07:29 PM, Celejar wrote:

Nitpick - the apt-get command doesn't need to be run as superuser if
it's just printing uris.

:-O

Why you're right!

Now I might be able to use apt-get to experiment with potential changes without damaging the system. Thanks.

actually you can do:

apt-get <install or dist-upgrade> --dry-run

and it will show you exactly what will happen. since i have started using aptitude for my package manager i now try to use:

aptitude --simulate install foo

of course all this is done with the 'sudo' command.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/