Re: CD has not been seen in debian40r3 console

On May 15, 4:50 pm, "Mumia W.." <paduille.4061.mumia.w
+nos...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> On 05/14/2008 08:39 PM, lovecreatesbea...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Hi, the Debian Linux system is hosted in VMware 6. The path to the iso
> > cd image is given to VMware's CD option. After I launch X, there's a
> > CD icon on the desktop and I can click on it and see its content, the
> > content of iso cd image. But I can't see/mount this iso cd image
> > within console.
>
> Within X and with the CD content displayed, load an X terminal and type
> "mount". Take note of the mount point.

Hi, thank you for the hint.

Before launch X,

$ mount
/dev/sda1 on / type ext3 (rw,errors=remount-ro)
tmpfs on /lib/init/rw type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,mode=0755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
procbususb on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
udev on /dev type tmpfs (rw,mode=0755)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,noexec,nosuid,gid=5,mode=620)
$

After launch X,

$ mount
/dev/sda1 on / type ext3 (rw,errors=remount-ro)
tmpfs on /lib/init/rw type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,mode=0755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
procbususb on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
udev on /dev type tmpfs (rw,mode=0755)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,noexec,nosuid,gid=5,mode=620)
/dev/hdc on /media/cdrom0 type iso9660
(ro,noexec,nosuid,nodev,user=lijh)
$

Now, I mount the cd image successfully.

$ su -c 'mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /media/cdrom0'
Password:
mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only
$