Re: CD has not been seen in debian40r3 console

On May 15, 2:30 am, Florian Kulzer <florian.kulzer+deb...@icfo.es>
wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 00:30:23 -0700, lovecreatesbea... AT gmail DOT com wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Hi, this is the output,
>
> >     $ su -c 'mount -t iso9660 /media/cdrom0 /cdrom'
> >     Password:
> >     mount: /media/cdrom0 is not a block device
> >     $ dd if=/dev/hdc bs=256 count=1 | hd
> >     dd: opening `/dev/hdc': No medium found
> >     $
>
> > By the way, I'm working with an iso cd image.
>
> If you want to mount a CD image, i.e. a single file that contains the
> full filesystem structure that would normally be burned onto a CD, then
> you have to use a loop device, like this:
>
> mount -t iso9660 -o loop cdimage.iso /mnt/cdrom0
>
> This assumes that the image file is called "cdimage.iso" (specify the
> full path if this file is not in the current directory) and that the
> mountpoint /mnt/cdrom0 exists already (as an empty directory).

Hi, the Debian Linux system is hosted in VMware 6. The path to the iso
cd image is given to VMware's CD option. After I launch X, there's a
CD icon on the desktop and I can click on it and see its content, the
content of iso cd image. But I can't see/mount this iso cd image
within console.