Re: CD has not been seen in debian40r3 console

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 00:30:23 -0700, lovecreatesbea... AT gmail DOT com wrote:

[...]

> Hi, this is the output,
>
>     $ su -c 'mount -t iso9660 /media/cdrom0 /cdrom'
>     Password:
>     mount: /media/cdrom0 is not a block device
>     $ dd if=/dev/hdc bs=256 count=1 | hd
>     dd: opening `/dev/hdc': No medium found
>     $
>
> By the way, I'm working with an iso cd image.

If you want to mount a CD image, i.e. a single file that contains the
full filesystem structure that would normally be burned onto a CD, then
you have to use a loop device, like this:

mount -t iso9660 -o loop cdimage.iso /mnt/cdrom0

This assumes that the image file is called "cdimage.iso" (specify the
full path if this file is not in the current directory) and that the
mountpoint /mnt/cdrom0 exists already (as an empty directory).

          Florian   |