Re: Blocking Gmail ads

2008/5/15 Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@tamay-dogan.net>:
> It is realy weird, WHY peoples want to have  access  to  sourcecodes  to
> hardware they can not use access legaly.

I'm having a hard time wording this without sounding offensive, but
here goes. It's usually the people who get all uptight about their
"rights". Interestingly enough, there are far more of them than there
are those who are concerned about their responsibilities.

Their exists a famous, revolutionary document called the Bill of
Rights. It contains several amendments to the US Constitution. It is a
terrible shame that the Bill of Rights was not dependent upon a Bill
of Responsibilities. A good example would be that the right to bear
arms would be dependent upon the responsibility to secure the weapon
from children, theft, and to use it only under specific conditions.
Those who are not responsible, loose their right. Of course, today
adding a Bill of Responsibilities would be impossible, because that
would infringe upon their Freedoms.

I stress that my intention was not to offend, and before flaming me
(preferably off list) I suggest thinking up a real world example where
a Bill of Responsibilities would be harmful as opposed to beneficial.

Dotan Cohen