Re: Clearing SWAP

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 8:42 AM, Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:

>  Thanks,
>
>  I had a look at the wikipedia article for OpenVMS.  It seems that the
>  Open is a misnomer.
>
>  Is anybody working on an OpenOpenVMS?

There is a community effort to duplicate OpenVMS on x86 hardware
called FreeVMS [1].  It's not yet suitable for use in production, or
even as an "experimental" VMS system and development is slow (the
community is very very small).  However, it may be something you'd
like to look at and perhaps contribute to.

As for OpenVMS, it is still actively developed and supported by HP.
We have several OpenVMS systems where I work.  I still next to the guy
that supports all of them. ;-)

[1] http://www.freevms.org/

--
Chris