Re: Clearing SWAP

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 7:35 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/5/11 Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca>:
>
> > I've never even seen OSX.  I think I saw something recently that someone
>  > said was a mac, looked like a gorilla's laptop minus the keyboard; I
>  > guess that happened when NeXT bought the Apple brand and true Apple was
>  > an endagered fruit.
>  >
>  > If OSX is based on *NIX, shouldn't it have vi, or is there no CLI?
>  >
>  > Doug.
>  >

>  I'm near certain that there is a terminal application, but I couldn't
>  find it. Another poster on this list contacted me off list to let me
>  know that OS-X does in fact come with VIM preinstalled.

/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app

cbell@persephone:~$ which vim
/usr/bin/vim
cbell@persephone:~$ uname -a
Darwin persephone.local 9.2.2 Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.2: Tue Mar  4
21:17:34 PST 2008; root:xnu-1228.4.31~1/RELEASE_I386 i386
cbell@persephone:~$

MacBook Pro running Mac OS X 10.5.2.

--
Chris