Re: Clearing SWAP

On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 10:02:24PM +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2008/5/9 Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>:
> >> I just looked at an OS-X machine for the first time. It costs about
> >> four times what a comparable machine that I build myself would cost.
> >
> > But it's more polished than GNOME or KDE, and probably better for
> > "regular users"/
> >

> Maybe. I couldn't figure out the desktop shortcuts (Ctrl-F4 does not
> close windows) and it doesn't seem to come with a text editor (only a
> 'rich text' editor). The salesman did not know the keyboard shortcut
> either, and did not understand the concept of a text editor as opposed
> to a word processor. The interface was sure pretty though, and had
> some nice effects. I loved the keyboard to death, and I suppose that a
> one-button mouse I could get used to. I don't use the mouse so much.

I've never even seen OSX.  I think I saw something recently that someone
said was a mac, looked like a gorilla's laptop minus the keyboard; I
guess that happened when NeXT bought the Apple brand and true Apple was
an endagered fruit.

If OSX is based on *NIX, shouldn't it have vi, or is there no CLI?

Doug.