Re: How to set QTDIR environment variable

On Thursday 08 May 2008 22:08, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:
> > I'm trying to build pdfedit, which isn't available for Etch. I've already
> > dealt with some deps (libboost-dev, libboost-iostreams-dev,
> > libboost-iostreams1.33.1, and libt1-dev), but ./configure is complaining
> > about the gui about the QT gui as below.
> >
> > checking whether we want to build PDFedit gui... yes
> > configure error: QTDIR environment variable must be set
> >
> > I'm sure I've dealt with these QT problems before, but could someone
> > refresh my memory please as to how to set the QTDIR environment variable.
> >
> > Many thanks for any help.
>
> Normally you set QTDIR to where Qt is.
>
> So incase of qt3:
>
> set QTDIR=/usr/share/qt3
>
> Hugo

Thanks for the help Hugo. I Ran ./configure as:
./configure QTDIR=/usr/share/qt3

This got me a bit further, but now ./configure is complaining again. This time
with the following output.

checking whether we want to build PDFedit gui... yes
configure: QMAKESPEC environment variable is not set
                                                  - default will be used.
checking for QT qmake... configure: error: unable to find qmake for QT3

I may have to give up on this. I got pdfedit working on an archlinux install,
but when editing a .pdf, it was hitting the redline (99% cpu) , which is why
I wanted to try pdfedit on some other distros. I've also got Lenny available
on the same drive. I'll have a look to see if pdfedit is available there.

Thanks again for your help.

Nigel.