Re: How to set QTDIR environment variable

Nigel Henry wrote:
On Thursday 08 May 2008 22:08, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Nigel Henry wrote:
I'm trying to build pdfedit, which isn't available for Etch. I've already
dealt with some deps (libboost-dev, libboost-iostreams-dev,
libboost-iostreams1.33.1, and libt1-dev), but ./configure is complaining
about the gui about the QT gui as below.

checking whether we want to build PDFedit gui... yes
configure error: QTDIR environment variable must be set

I'm sure I've dealt with these QT problems before, but could someone
refresh my memory please as to how to set the QTDIR environment variable.

Many thanks for any help.
Normally you set QTDIR to where Qt is.

So incase of qt3:

set QTDIR=/usr/share/qt3

Hugo

Thanks for the help Hugo. I Ran ./configure as:
./configure QTDIR=/usr/share/qt3

This got me a bit further, but now ./configure is complaining again. This time with the following output.

checking whether we want to build PDFedit gui... yes
configure: QMAKESPEC environment variable is not set
                                                  - default will be used.
checking for QT qmake... configure: error: unable to find qmake for QT3

I may have to give up on this. I got pdfedit working on an archlinux install, but when editing a .pdf, it was hitting the redline (99% cpu) , which is why I wanted to try pdfedit on some other distros. I've also got Lenny available on the same drive. I'll have a look to see if pdfedit is available there.

Don't give up.
You just need qmake:

apt-get install qt3-dev-tools

"Qt3 development tools

This package contains all tools that are necessary to build programs that are written using Qt3. These are: qmake, uic and moc. For Qt3 development, you most likely want to install this package. "

Hugo