Newest Xorg sluggish

So I dist-upgraded to the  1:7.3+10 Debian version of xserver-xorg
(and associated packages) only to be greeted by a really sluggish
Compiz which I had to turn off in order to have an acceptable desktop
experience. It was working wonderfully before. Even metacity is
feeling sluggish, I think. Sometimes when I type it seems that my
typing gets buffered for a second or so before I see it appear on
screen. Windows also take a noticeable second to draw on the screen
sometimes. I'm using an Intel X1300 card (which also seems to be known
as an Intel 965), in case anyone else can confirm.

I need some help figuring out how to submit a helpful bug report about
this. #479496 seems somewhat relevant, but not exactly what I'm
looking for. Anything I can say that's more helpful than "ur xorg sux
lol"?

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.