Re: Rdesktop users?

Curtis Vaughan wrote:
> Basically, when I try to connect to a Terminal Server (whether I use
> 1.2.x or 1.3.0) I get the error that it cannot connect.

Saw your email on rdesktop-users, but I didn't know of any such switch.  But a
few simple thoughts:

Windows 2000 or 2003?  If the latter, are the users in the "Remote Desktop
Users" group?  Can you logon as "administrator" - i.e. is the problem
restricted to standard users?  If Windows 2000 I seem to recall that there
was a licensing problem in early versions...?

Is your server licensed by user or device - I seem to recall that there is a
problem connecting to Server 2003 from rdesktop with device licensing.

1.3 sounds old - might be worth trying a newer version of rdesktop?

Errors in the server event log (a quick Google found
http://ts.veranoest.net/ts_logon.htm)?

Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

Chris.