Re: [Kind of OT] Why's this look like gibberish to me?

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 12:17:09AM +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2008/5/6 Bob Cox <debian-user@lists.bobcox.com>:
> >> Ah, Mutt is known not to work with Hebrew. There is a workaround, and
> >> I have it buried in my notes somewhere if you really need it. But
> >> unless you communicate in Hebrew, it is not worth the trouble.
> >
> > It all looks ok from here using mutt.  I am seeing each character
> > separated by a dash or hyphen.
> >

> If so, then I have friends who would want to see your .mutt or .muttrc
> or whatever config file that program uses.
>
> Can you confirm that the aleph "א" is the rightmost character, and
> that the tav "ת" is the leftmost character? Thanks.

I can confirm that for you, but it only works if I use mutt under
xfce4-terminal. I doesn't work with mlterm (or I'm missing a setting).

I don't have anything related in my .muttrc except

set charset="utf-8"

but it works even if I unset that.

Regards,
Andrei