Re: Clearing SWAP

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 07:41:52AM +0200, NN_il_Confusionario wrote:
> On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 07:37:21AM +1000, Alex Samad wrote:
> > why not have a script that is run by root at @reboot that starts X

[snip]

> Your method would not directly work in my workstation which does not run
> any form of cron. (I manually, and rarely, run a script to rotate logs.
> And analogously for other possible cron tasks which I am interested in)

Yep, and your method would work on my workstation (currently running
windows (yuck), and yes I have a X server on here).

I was just trying to show another way of solving the problems.  My
presumption was that cron was part of the LSB.

It also got around the problem somebody asked, what to do if the Xserver
crashed on startup, how to get around the cycle of restarting the X
server and getting to a console.

Horses for courses really

[snip]