Re: Clearing SWAP

On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 07:36:02AM -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Sun May 4 2008, NN_il_Confusionario wrote:
> > But you should also carefully consider: is it a really good idea to have
> > one (or more) automatically started X session ?
>
> when the computer boots, the first thing(s) I do is log myself and my wife in.

Well, with my suggested configuration you even do not need this, since
the login is automatically done.

But let me rephrase the question: if for any reason X does not want to
start (and it keeps failing and failing, in the suggested
configuration), do you known how to boot in a X-less way to correct the
problem? [Hint: in the suggested configuration, X automatically starts
only in runlevels 2 and 3]