Re: Googleearth 4.3(beta) on Lenny?

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 6:37 AM, Jonathan Kaye <jdkaye10@yahoo.es> wrote:

>  Hi David,
>  Except for the fonts, which for me were ok in 4.2 but not 4.3b, our
>  experiences are identical. No earth, no connection no nothing in 4.3.

Oddly enough, I reran it with 'sudo' after I got home from work, and
it does work that way all right. But it is strange there is no network
connection when run as an ordinary user. I had to run the install as
root to get write permission to where it lives
(/usr/local/google-earth).

The extra features are worth it though - traffic, street view, weather
and other stuff has been integrated. Plus, sky view works now - before
it would crash every time I tried to switch between ground and sky.