Re: Replace Ubuntu with Debian

Igor <k.igo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The laptop is XPS M1330. It's been configured with the
> hibernate/suspend, wireless networking, cpu frequency scaling, >webcam,
> and some other features working out of the box. I haven't tried the
> fingerprint reader yet. I don't really want to spend time breaking >and
> restoring these features. That's why I'd prefer not to do a clean
> wipe.

>The obvious thing to do is to change the apt sources and run a
>dist-upgrade.

Why don't you just check and save somewhere what drivers/modules/
configuration files your laptop is using under Ubuntu and then do a
clean, hassle-free fresh installation of Debian? It really, really
seems to me that you are about to start a nightmare of little
tweakings here and there when you could get all the work done in a
single step. Why trying to fit squares into circles?