Re: Kontron 986LCD-M/mITX

On 02-05-2008, hh.eu@gmx.de <hh.eu@gmx.de> wrote:
> I was looking at the mini-ITX board "Kontron 986LCD-M/mITX"
><http://emea.kontron.com/products/boards+and+mezzanines/embedded
> +motherboards/
> miniitx+motherboards/986lcdmmitx.html>
> and am wondering if anyone has used this for a Debian system. Are the
> chipsets
> supported, or do you recognise any that are not working well/at all?
>
> * Intel 945GM Intel ICH7R Embedded Chipset consisting of:
>    + Intel 82945G Graphics and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH)
>    + Intel ICH7R I/O Controller Hub (ICH7R)
>    + 8 Mbit Firmware Hub (FWH)
> * graphics: Intel GMA950 Controller with 2D/3D Graphics Engine
> * ethernet: Realtek RTL8111B (with 3 ethernet connectors!)
> * Winbond W83627THF LPC Bus I/O Controller
> * Intel 82801G ICH7 USB Universal Host Controller
> * Intel 82801GR/GH SATA RAID Controller
> * Intel 82801G ICH7 Ultra ATA Storage Controllers
>
> The manual also says:
> "OS support: Linux: Feodora Core 5, Suse 10.01 (limitations may apply)"
> and
> "The SATA controller supports AHCI mode and has integrated RAID
> functionality
> with support for RAID modes 0, 1, 5 and 10 (Linux O/S only support
> for RAID 0
> and 1)."

I have this kind of motherboard inside a Hush B3.

It takes time at the beginning to work. Most of the part are working
except the network (RTL8111B).

The solution is to upgrade your kernel to at least 2.6.22.6, to have the
working r8169 kernel module.

Since network issue is solved, this motherboard is working great.

I don't have tested graphics and RAID.

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall