Re: What can I do with an unloaded partitioned data set on Linux?

Hendrik Boom wrote:

What would help most would be the exact file format for unloaded
partitioned data sets.  That's the file format they got converted to
when backing them up onto magnetic tape.  I've never seen that documented.

-- hendrik

I'll assume that the PDS members were text, as in a source library... If I recall, an *unloaded* PDS was simply one or more iterations of [a header record containing something like "MEMBER XXXXXXXX", followed by individual text records]. Should be easily readable.

Shouldn't matter whether the data was copied to/from mag tape. If you're looking at a 7-track *tape dump* though, you may be looking at not EBCDIC or ASCII, but BCDIC.

jeff