Re: intel network adapter on debian 4.0

Robert Robert wrote:
Dear All,
I have an intel gigabit ethernet card. When I install it on windows with the coming windows drivers, I can click on network connections select the card and change stuff like jumbo frames, "Receive descriptors" and "Interupt Moderate Rate". Now I have also a linux machine with debian 4.0 and kernal 2.6. When I plug in the card it seems that there are debian drivers already that comes along with debian installation. I can then set it to jumbo frames by setting the mtu value. But I have no clue how I should set the "receive descriptors" and "Interupt Moderate Rate" value in linux.
Have you checked what options the ethtool(8) command gives you? Compare the available options with the docs on the intel site.