Re: troubles with custom repository

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 11:46:41AM -0500, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am working on creating a custom debian repository at the University
> for whom I work.
>
> I have successfully created a "simple" repository, one which has all the
> relevant files in a single hierarchy.
>
> I am now trying to split things off and use "pools", so that I can serve
> various distributions (etch, lenny, sid) from the same URL.

can I suggest looking at this package reprepro and this article

you will find life a lot simpler
alex

[snip]

--
Proof techniques #1: Proof by Induction.

This technique is used on equations with "_n" in them.  Induction
techniques are very popular, even the military used them.

SAMPLE: Proof of induction without proof of induction.

	We know it's true for _n equal to 1.  Now assume that it's true
for every natural number less than _n.  _N is arbitrary, so we can take _n
as large as we want.  If _n is sufficiently large, the case of _n+1 is
trivially equivalent, so the only important _n are _n less than _n.  We
can take _n = _n (from above), so it's true for _n+1 because it's just
about _n.
	QED.	(QED translates from the Latin as "So what?")