Re: problem setting user and group on mounting a cifs share

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 07:41:28AM +0200, Chris wrote:
> I did not know that Windows can access NSF, might have a look at that.

however, I would be surprised if the NFS implementation in windows works
better than the cifs implementation.

> simply pulling a file
> or directory over in Konquerer (just did that) transfers the time stamp of
> the files and the directories just fine and dandy!!!

I do not dubt that; but google searches show that samba over FAT (and
other filesystems?) can have such problems with rsync and timestamps.

Hence my previous question about the filesistem on your device.

Hovewer, also NFS can have problems when exporting a FAT filesystem:

   Linkname: Linux NFS faq