Re: keeping package selection with new install

On 04/29/2008 01:44 PM, frits wrote:
I have a rather old PC running Etch just the way I want it.
Om my new PC I want to instal Lenny, and with the same set of
packages I have on Etch. Is there a trick to transport my
installed package list in a clever way?

I believe this should get you close - there may be some added/removed/split packages you might have to deal with since you are going from etch -> lenny repositories, but a close inspection of the apt-get output should be fairly obvious.

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-package.en.html#s-record

--
Kind Regards,
Michael Shuler