Re: Debian crash randomly

On 28/04/2008, Rich Healey <healey.rich@gmail.com> wrote:
> But how does the distribution advance if *NOONE* runs testing/unstable?

Oh, it's great that people are running both of those, and I run them
too, but we're essentially beta testers. I do my best to send timely
bug reports when I can, or be as generally helpful as possible, with
occasional ideas on what to do to the source when I know what to do.
It's just not something that non-experts should o.

>  The stable box is with my mother,
[snip]
>  The testing machine is my laptop for work,
[snip]
>  Then i have 2 desktops which run sid, on different archtypes, and give
>  me basis for comparison,

This sounds like a completely reasonable setup to me, and is very
close to what I do too. My mom is also getting stable because she
still has a hard time using a mouse or figuring out the window and
desktop metaphor. Yesterday I taught her how to drag and drop files.
:-)

- Jordi G. H.