Re: Debian crash randomly

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 12:27:25 -0500
"Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso" <jordigh@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 28/04/2008, John Hasler <jhasler@debian.org> wrote:
>  > mond wrote:
>  >  >  However, recently my Debian(sid) crash randomly and frequently.
>  >
>  >
>  > Jordi writes:
>  >  > Of course it does. It's sid.
>  >
>  >
>  > It's been many years since Sid has crashed here.

It rarely crashes here apart for some issues with hibernation and wireless
driver both of which I wouldn't be to operate under stable anyway.

> Well, it's been about two days since it crashed over here. I'd file a
>  bug report, but I don't know exactly how to make it crash, and since
>  it keeps moving, well, living on sid is an adventure all around, not
>  for the faint of heart.

Testing is not for the faint of heart. When you do get problems it's there for
months, not hours or days at most like sid.

>  Just because "works for me" doesn't mean that we should be
>  recommending sid to new users.

Actually i recommend sid to everyone except for servers where stable is more
suitable. Testing is only stable near releases, otherwise it's much less stable
then sid and stable is so archaic that you get stuck in backports hell if you
need anything more recent than two years old.