Re: Disk Drive Order Changes - Again

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 09:55:16AM -0700, Brad Brock wrote:
> Have you tried using UUID? I have similar problem sometime ago, and UUID solved mine.
> Every file system can have an UUID, normally it's generated when your filesystem created. Try blkid to view your filesystem's UUID. I've tried using UUID in my grub and it runs well. You can use UUID in your fstab too.

every file system can have a label as well and are much easier to
remember as they are human assign

my 2c

--
"Actually, I --this may sound a little West Texas to you, but I like it. When I'm talking about-- when I'm talking about myself, and when he's talking about myself, all of us are talking about me."

	- George W. Bush
05/31/2000
Hardball, MSNBC