Re: Debian crash randomly

On Apr 26, 9:20 pm, mond <mond...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am almost new to Debian. It is a great system. I get my work done in
> Debian very well.
> However, recently my Debian(sid) crash randomly and frequently.
>
> The problem is that the screen just get dark. And "ctrl+alt+backspace"
> doesn't work. "Ctrl +alt+f1" doesn't work either.
>
> So I just wonder if there is something like system log that I can
> check what is going wrong.
>
> I googled for while, but jet not a clue.
>
> --

Some update:
1. I think it is all about X( form the log you can tell). The system
is not down. I don,t have another computer home. So I can not ssh when
it crashes. But I will test it in office  if it crashes.
2. The is no keyboard light flashing, so basically it is not a kernel
problem. I actually tried to use other kernels, but it does not help.
3. gdm_slave_xioerror_handler: Fatal X error - Restarting :0 is the
reason why it crashes. I googled for a while. A lot of debian and
ubuntu users suffer the same problem and jet there is no solution,at
least i have not found any.

Thank you guys.

Mond