Panel plugins won't appear in the “Add new item” menu.

Hello,

I am running dreamlinux (XFCE) that was built on Lenny. Recently, I've installed some panel plugins ( verve-plugin, the weather plugin, system-load plugin, notes-plugin, netload-plugin, sensors-plugin and the goodies package) through synaptics but none of them show in the panel's “add new item” menu. So I cannot add them to the panel. Could anyone advise me what causes this misbehavior? I've already posted this message on the dreamlinux forum but so far no one could suggest me any solution to the problem.

Thanks,
jmak