Re: Trying to install the Ralink wireless drivers

Sorry about the stupidity of the next question; how to upgrade to 2.6.22, I'm currently running stable. I looked at doing it manually ( download source etc.) but thought someone might know a quicker more debian way, like using apt-get. I did google it, but got a lot of hits about moving from 2.4 to 2.6.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
Jim

quim wrote:
Alo

Don't need need to compile drivers, but upgrade to kernel 2.6.22

Install the RT2x00 wireless network drivers -loadable kernel modules for
wireless network cards using Ralink RT2x00 chips.

something like rt2x00-modules-2.6.22-2-686

Install wireless tools

Install RutilT which is GTK config

Run RutilT

Does this help?