Re: Exim4 Incompatable Command Line Arguments

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 10:35:59AM +0300, David Baron wrote:
> After yesterday's upgrades (NOT including exim4 packages), I get a failure to
> start exim4 running the /etc/init.d/exim4 script.
>
> If I manually run with presumably the same arguments, i.e. exim4 -bd -q30m,
> all is well.
>
> Anyone had this problem, fixed it?

See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=477194
and http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=406059

The problem actually appears to be caused by lsb-base. One respondent to
the bug report stated that downgrading lsb-base to 3.2-8 fixed it for
him. I didn't have 3.2-8 in my archive and was too lazy to track it down
so I downgraded to 3.2-7 and was then able to start Exim normally.
--
Ken Wahl