emacs research

I'm about to do a bit of emacs research here. First I'm going to downgrade the system to sarge stable and see if I can install emacs and bsdgames and emacs add-ons and do it successfully. If that fails, one of two possibilities exist a) the hardware is failing it's close to 9 years old now, or b) the system was hacked. Entirely possible given the level of unlawful computer activity in my geographical area. If so, I know where I put my hacker removal tool and how to use it so that won't be a problem for long. After that, I take debian up through the distributions until emacs installations start breaking. One less distribution where I notice the first problem and I'll know in which distro the offending change happened. When I find out, I'll send a message and let you all know.