Re: listening to BBC

--- Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.org.uk> wrote:

> On 20 Apr 2008, Bob Cox wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 17:36:28 -0600, Bob Proulx
> (bob@proulx.com) wrote:

> something.  I used to be able
> site with their BBC Radio
> Firefox/Iceweasel window.  Now it
> > >
> > > Perhaps previously you were using a different
> system?  I don't think
> > > the BBC site has changed with regards to this
> part for a while.

> package for this?  Or if
> debian?
> > >
> > > Not in US Debian due to US laws.  But it is
> available from the
> > > Marillat site outside of the US.  The
> information you need is here:
> > >
> > >   http://debian-multimedia.org/
> > >
> > > The mozilla-mplayer plugin will handle the file
> types that you need.
> >
> It does, but I find not as well as Realplayer. The
> sound stream breaks
> briefly and there doesn't seem to be any way to
> change your place
> (fast-forward or backward).
>
> Anthony
I listen to a lot of BBC Radio programming using
Realplayer(from Marillat) on lenny and have very
little problem here, in Canada. I use Opera and I have
configured in options to open .ram and .rm files with
RealPlayer, directly passing the web address to the
player. Works for me. ;)

I love the "beeb".

--
AA