Configure grub for Windows XP on second HDD

I have Linux on hd0 and Windows XP Home on hd1 (I installed XP with the Linux
disk disconnected so Windows couldn't mess with it). If I configure the BIOS
to make the Windows drive the first, Windows boots fine, but I can't figure
out how to configure GRUB to boot windows when the Linux disk is first. At
the moment, at the end of my menu.lst, I have:

title           Windows XP
map             (hd0) (hd1)
map             (hd1) (hd0)
rootnoverify    (hd0,0)
chainloader     +1
makeactive

Which is close as I can get, but still no cigar. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Mike Wilson

-----
Mike Wilson, Wrexham, Wales, UK