Re: Webalizer Seizes to work after a cronjob addendum

John Marvin L. Magsino:

> it says /var/log/apache2/access.log.1 could not be read.
> i checked the /var/log/apache2/ and found out that only access.log exists. i
> guess it is not generating access.log.1 because of the crontab i made.

Usually, the program logrotate moves access.log to access.log.1 and so
on. Cron starts logrotate every day at about 06:25 (during the
cron.daily run, see /etc/crontab). If your computer isn't running at
that time, logrotate (and other daily jobs) will never be run.

Solution: just install anacron. It makes sure all your daily cronjobs
will be run, even if your comupter isn't powered on at the time at which
the daily jobs usually run.

J.
--
Whenever I hear the word 'art' I reach for my visa card.
[Agree]   [Disagree]