Re: compiling a 2.4 kernel

On 04/20/2008 01:16 AM, Steven Jones wrote:
Mumia W.. wrote:
[...]
Each patch is designed to be used against a particular version of the Linux kernel. You might have an incompatible group of patches. For example, if [the] Asus board patch is for 2.4.27, but the sk98lin patch is for 2.4.32, you have a problem because you won't be able to get both patches into a single kernel.

yes...I have found I can compile 2.4.36 but not .27 or .30....I seem to be in a mess....or 2.6.8, anything new like 36 has the buggy megaraid driver so I can boot...

:(

The patches say 2.4.20+
[...]

The patches /should/ apply then. Exactly what are the patches that you are trying to apply?

How do you know that megaraid_mbox is failing? How does it fail (lockup, reboot, panic)?

Perhaps a single kernel command line parameter is all you need to boot. The megaraid driver might be using the wrong I/O ports or IRQ's or memory ranges.