Re: migrating to 64 bit...

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 14:28 +0200, Jochen Schulz wrote:
> michael:
> > On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 08:12 -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> >>
> >> when I migrated to amd64, I did nothing special for flash, and it
> >> seems to just work... (Now I'm thinking I need to go check). In
> >> theory, in sid, you use nsplugin-wrapper to allow 32bit flash to run
> >> on 64bit systems.
> >
> > what about running Java apps? I thought nsplugin-wrapper didn't support
> > that?
>
> Java *applications* do work, only the browser plugin doesn't. But hey,
> recently I read that Sun might release a 64Bit plugin in 2009. :)

I've probably got something wrong, but for my AMD64 machine, I installed
nspluginwrapper (sic) from etch-backports and restarted iceweasel but it
still appears not to run flash despite their being several flash-related
entries in 'about:plugins'

mkb@amd64:~$ dpkg -l|grep -i flash
ii  kwordquiz                         3.5.5-1
flashcard and vocabulary learning program fo
ii  libflash-mozplugin                0.4.13-8
GPL Flash (SWF) Library - Mozilla-compatible
ii  libflash0c2                       0.4.13-8
GPL Flash (SWF) Library - shared library
ii  libswfdec0.3                      0.3.6-2.2
SWF (Macromedia Flash) decoder library

... any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong or the steps to debug this?

thanks, Michael