Re: [OT] Naming Schemes (was: Laptop with Linux preinstalled)

On 19/04/2008, Vikki Roemer <vikki.roemer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Whereas my main computer has had the same name since I set it up--
>  neuromancer.  My naming scheme is AI computers/robots (I have to throw
>  in robots to include my fiance's computer, Canti).  That system has
>  been in several cases, with several different processors (AMD Duron,
>  P3, now Celeron D).  The only thing that's remained constant is most
>  of the data in my home dir, and even that's moved across a couple
>  harddrives.

My naming scheme is similar to yours, but based on Battlestar
Galactica. I have Caprica(router), Starbuck (Temperamental),
Galactica, Earth(Server), Cylon (Wireless router) and
Basestar(Laptop).

Names remain the same over different hardware - less work. For me it
is the data it holds or the function it performs that I name.

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.