Re: smartctl Vs lm-sensors

On 18-Apr-08, at 1:22 PM, Bhasker C V wrote:
I want to monitor the harddisk temperature since I/O task in my system
is very high and usually heatsup the harddisk.

 I get two different values viz. one from lm-sensors and other from
smartctl

smartctl gives me very large values like the one below showing 148
whereas hddtemp or the lm-sensors gives me value

194 Temperature_Celsius 0x0002 148 148 000 Old_age Always
-       37 (Lifetime Min/Max 21/45)
/dev/hda: HTS541010G9AT00: 38

Smartctl is reporting 37  (see it there in the last column?)
The 148 raw value needs to be interpreted, it's not actually in degrees.
See the smartctl man page / website for more info

Brian